Frequently Asked Questions
Denihan Hospitality Group takes our corporate responsibility seriously. That’s one reason we are pleased to be a part of the “Hospitality for Hope” and “Safe Stay” initiatives recently launched by the national hotel industry to provide hope and enhanced cleaning hotel practices and workplace protocols to meet the challenges presented by COVID-19. Learn more.
COVID – 19
With over fifty years in the New York Hospitality industry, Denihan Hospitality is dedicated to the health and wellbeing of every guest and associate and we have always maintained the most rigorous cleaning standards across all properties. With the recent outbreak of COVID-19, we are in constant communication with American Hotel Lodging Association (AHLA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and are following their strict guidance regarding this matter.
Specific steps our hotels are taking include:
- Public Space sanitization teams in lobby to disinfect all touch points on a regular basis.
- Focus on increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the front desk check-in, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms and room keys.
- As a precaution, we have closed meeting rooms, fitness centers and other publicly shared amenity space currently not accessible to guests or employees until sanitation protocols are established.
- Associates utilizing EPA registered antimicrobial products for cleaning all touchpoints/surfaces.
- Antimicrobial soap accessible in all public restrooms.
- Sanitizing stations installed on each floor of properties and in public spaces.
- Protection screens are installed at Front Desk computer stations with space allocated for transfer of documents, keys, etc.
- Additional cleaning and sanitation measures for all frequently used equipment.
- Social distancing guidelines posted in each hotel lobby/elevator/back of house areas.
- Full health and safety training sessions provided to staff by GCG Risk Management (http://www.gcgriskmanagement.com/).
- PPE including masks and gloves provided to all associates and they are required to wear them.
- If an employee feels ill, he or she will stay at home and consult a doctor. If at any point a guest feels ill, our staff will provide immediate assistance.
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously. For the most updated information, please refer to the American Hotel Lodging Association and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
What time can I check-in and check-out?
Check-in time is 3PM, check-out is at 12PM.
What’s the hotel’s reservation cancellation policy?
Although we’d love for you to stay with us, we know things may come up. Hotel cancellation policies vary based upon rate and location – contact your hotel for more information
Is the front desk open 24 hours?
Our front desk is manned 24/7 with staff available to assist at any time.
Difference between Junior Suite and One-bedroom Apartment Suite?
Junior Suites – spacious suite, 425 sq feet, “L” shaped room with either One King bed or Two Queen size beds, across from the bed (s) is a living room area with pull out sofa, coffee table, recliner, dining area and full kitchen. Our kitchens are equipped with dishes from fishs Eddy, glasses, silverware, pots, pans, coffee maker, refrigerator, microwave and cook top. We offer a few different Jr suites including our patio Jr suites which gives you a private furnished outdoor space and we also offer Jr suites with Garden Views where you can overlook beautifully manicured gardens from your suite.
One Bedroom Suites – spacious suites – approx. 625 sq feet/58sqm. The main difference between this suite type and the Jr suite is that this suite has a separate bedroom with a door that separates the bedroom from the living room. Our One bedroom suites come with One King bed or Two Queen size beds in the bedroom, separate living room, dining area and full kitchen. Our kitchens are equipped with dishes from fishs Eddy, glasses, silverware, pots, pans, coffee maker, refrigerator, microwave and cook top. We also offer One Bedroom Terrace suites which boast your own outdoor furnished space.
Are there connecting rooms?
We do offer connecting room, but they are extremely limited and are in high demand – so they cannot be guaranteed. The room would be a Junior Suite with 1 king bed connected with 1-bedroom suite with 2 queen beds.
Are there any rooms other than suites?
We are an all-suite hotel and offer 132 generously appointed suites with large living space, including full kitchens ideal for extended stays in Manhattan.
Is there Wi-Fi access in every Affinia hotel?
Yes – we want our guests to stay connected. Wi-Fi is available in the lobby of all hotels, and access to in-room Wi-Fi is included as part of the Hotel Facilities Fee.
Does Gardens have a restaurant and offer room service?
Although we do not have an on-site restaurant, we offer room service through 4 of our favorite local restaurants: Tony Di Napoli for Italian, Jackson Hole, voted “Best Burger” in Time Out New York, Silver Star Restaurant for a New York diner, and Lilli and Loo for Asian food . Please feel free to check out our Neighborhood Guide for additional restaurants nearby … there are many!
What is Affinia’s smoking policy?
All Affinia hotels are smoking-free environments. Smoking in your room will result in a $300 fine.
Do Affinia hotels offer business services?
Yes – access to business services, including high-speed internet, scanning and printing, is included in your Hotel Facilities Fee.
Are there fitness centers in Affinia hotels?
Yes – all Affinia hotels feature state-of-the-art health and fitness centers. Access to these facilities are included in your Hotel Facilities Fee.
Can I bring my pet?
Absolutely! All of the Affinia hotels are pet-friendly. Check out Affinia’s VIPaws Program for more details.
Is there a limit to how long I can stay at an Affinia hotel?
Not at all – Affinia welcomes guests to stay for as long as they like, whether it’s a day, a week, a month, or even longer. Visit our Services & Amenities page to learn more about extended stays.
What is the “Hotel Facilities Fee” included on my bill?
Gardens Suites Hotel Facilities Fee is $39 plus tax per room, per night and provides you with the following amenities:
- Care Kit provided for each guest with slippers, alcohol wipes and a surgical mask
- Access to Ultraviolet Sanitizers at the Front Desk to assist with sanitization of personal belongings such as keys, phones and other small items
- Visible verification of room sanitization with an “I Am Clean” sticker placed on door after thorough managerial inspection along with enhanced and increased frequency of cleaning for all of our high touch points; public spaces, elevators, public restrooms, and entrances
- Wireless internet access for all of your devices
- Package handling/storage prior to and during your stay for up to five (5) pieces
- Business services, including printing
- Local and domestic long-distance calls
- 24/7 access to our state-of-the-art fitness centers
- Access to Affinia bikes (where applicable)
- **Fee is exclusive of service gratuities
Can you hold packages at the front desk?
We can hold packages if it’s for a guest staying in the hotel. Storage fees may apply if the package arrives before the guest is in house.
Is there a fee to have more than five packages delivered/held at the hotel?
We are happy to receive/hold up to five packages on behalf of our guests leading up to and during their stay. There is a flat fee per package per day over the five complimentary packages and packages sent more than two days prior to arrival are subject to refusal or storage fees of an additional $7.50 per box per day:
- Small $5 (up to 15”x11”x3”)
- Medium $7.50 (up to “18×13”x3”)
- Large $10 (anything over)
Where can I learn about Affinia’s special offers and promotions?
Affinia offers a wide variety of seasonal and hotel-based promotions and special offers, which are updated regularly – visit the Special Offers page to learn more or sign up to receive insider offers to find one that is just right for you.
What is the Affinia Junior program?
At Affinia, we want everyone’s stay to be as comfortable and pleasant as possible – and that includes our youngest guests as well! Our Affinia Junior program guarantees a memorable NYC experience for the entire family. Visit the Affinia Junior program page for more information.
What is the Affinia FreshDirect Grocery Service?
We teamed up with FreshDirect to provide grocery services for our guests. This service is available at all Affinia Hotels – visit the FreshDirect Grocery Service information page to learn more. For FreshDirect, reserve your FreshDirect grocery kit when booking your room in NYC, or at the front desk anytime during your stay.
Is there Grocery stores nearby?
There is a Morton Williams Supermarket just 2-minutes walking from out hotel, located on 63rd Street and 3rd Avenue. They also deliver to the hotel.
Do you offer transportation to airport/hospitals?
Of course, we are happy to provide private car service to airports and hospitals. Please speak to the front desk to coordinate.
Do the hotels offer valet services?
Valet Parking ranges from $55-$66 per 24-hour period for cars, $65-$75 for SUVs and minivans. In-and-out privileges are not included.
How much is parking if I am coming for a hospital stay?
Our self-parking is $45.00/$55.00 per every 24-hour period depending on the size. We also offer valet parking for $65.00/$78.00 per every 24-hour period depending on the size. Please note there are no in and out privileges for either parking option.
How close are you located to MSKCC/ HSS/ MEET, etc?
All 3 locations are in walking distance from the hotel:
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Urgent Care Center is an 8-minute walk
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Pavilion is a 13-minute walk
Hospital for Special Surgery is a 16-minute walk.
Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital is directly across the street from the hotel.
What should I do and see during my stay?
Check out our Neighborhood Guide for more information about what to see and do during your stay. From restaurants to attractions, we’ve got you covered during your stay in NYC.
General Reservations: 1.866.233.4642
Fifty Hotel & Suites
Address: 155 East 50th Street, New York, NY 10022
Front Desk: 212.751.5710
Shelburne Hotel & Suites
Address: 303 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY 10016
Front Desk: 212.689.5200
Gardens Suites Hotel
Address: 215 East 64th Street, New York, NY 10065
Front Desk: 212.355.1230