Stay in the know
Frequently Asked Questions
Denihan Hospitality Group takes our corporate responsibility seriously. That’s one reason we are pleased to be a part of the “Hospitality for Hope” and “Safe Stay” initiatives recently launched by the national hotel industry to provide hope and enhanced cleaning hotel practices and workplace protocols to meet the challenges presented by COVID-19. Learn more.
As of April 1st, domestic travel ban to NY has been lifted.
COVID – 19
With over fifty years in the New York Hospitality industry, Denihan Hospitality is dedicated to the health and wellbeing of every guest and associate and we have always maintained the most rigorous cleaning standards across all properties. With the recent outbreak of COVID-19, we are in constant communication with American Hotel Lodging Association (AHLA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and are following their strict guidance regarding this matter.
Specific steps our hotels are taking include:
- Public Space sanitization teams in lobby to disinfect all touch points on a regular basis.
- Focus on increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the front desk check-in, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms and room keys.
- As a precaution, we have closed meeting rooms, fitness centers and other publicly shared amenity space currently not accessible to guests or employees until sanitation protocols are established.
- Associates utilizing EPA registered antimicrobial products for cleaning all touchpoints/surfaces.
- Antimicrobial soap accessible in all public restrooms.
- Sanitizing stations installed on each floor of properties and in public spaces.
- Protection screens are installed at Front Desk computer stations with space allocated for transfer of documents, keys, etc.
- Additional cleaning and sanitation measures for all frequently used equipment.
- Social distancing guidelines posted in each hotel lobby/elevator/back of house areas.
- Full health and safety training sessions provided to staff by GCG Risk Management (http://www.gcgriskmanagement.com/).
- PPE including masks and gloves are provided to all associates and they are required to wear them.
- If an employee feels ill, he or she will stay at home and consult a doctor. If at any point a guest feels ill, our staff will provide immediate assistance.
- Use of electrostatic sprayers to safely sanitize and disinfect all public spaces, guestrooms and suites
- HEPA Filters for vacuums to trap a large number of very small particles
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously. For the most updated information, please refer to the American Hotel Lodging Association and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
What time can I check-in and check-out?
Check-in time is 3PM, check-out is at 12PM.
What’s the hotel’s reservation cancellation policy?
Although we’d love for you to stay with us, we know things may come up. Hotel cancellation policies vary based upon rate and location – contact your hotel for more information
Is there Wi-Fi access at Fifty Hotel & Suites?
Yes – we want our guests to stay connected. Wi-Fi is available in the lobby of, and access to in-room Wi-Fi is included as part of the Hotel Facilities Fee.
Do you have a restaurant?
Although we do not have a restaurant on site, our Midtown Manhattan locale can’t be beat. With so many great restaurants in every direction, take your pick. Can’t decide, check out our Neighborhood Guide to find the right one for you!
What is Fifty Hotel & Suites smoking policy?
We are a smoking-free environments. Smoking in your room will result in a $300 fine.
Does Fifty Hotel & Suites offer business services?
Yes – access to business services, including high-speed internet, scanning and printing, is included in your Hotel Facilities Fee.
Is there a fitness center?
Yes – our hotel features state-of-the-art health and fitness center. Access to the fitness center is included in your Hotel Facilities Fee.
Can I bring my pet?
Absolutely! We are a pet-friendly hotel. Check out Affinia’s VIPaws Program for more details.
Is there a limit to how long I can stay at Fifty Hotel & Suites?
Not at all – Fifty Hotel & Suites welcomes guests to stay for as long as they like, whether it’s a day, a week, a month, or even longer. Visit our Services & Amenities page to learn more about extended stays.
Is there a refrigerator in the standard guestrooms?
All of our guestrooms have a minifridge which acts as a cooler. If a larger refrigerator is preferred, we recommend choosing one of our suites. The Cupboard, located in our lobby, is stocked with snacks and beverages from pretzels and popcorn, to coffee and seltzer. It’s available 24/7, and the perfect pick-me-up before heading into the city or back up to your room.
Can you hear the street noise from your room? What’s the quietest room type you have?
NYC is a vibrant city with exciting energy throughout its streets, but to reduce the exterior noise, our windows are double paned. If you’re extremely sensitive, a guest can put in a request for an interior facing room, which tends to be quieter.
What is the “Hotel Facilities Fee” included on my bill?
Fifty Hotel & Suites, Hotel Facilities Fee is $39 plus tax per room, per night and provides you with the following amenities:
- Care Kit provided for each guest with slippers, alcohol wipes and a surgical mask
- Access to Ultraviolet Sanitizers at the Front Desk to assist with sanitization of personal belongings such as keys, phones and other small items
- Wireless internet access for all of your devices
- Package handling/storage prior to and during your stay for up to five (5) pieces
- Business services, including printing
- Local and domestic long-distance calls
- 24/7 access to our state-of-the-art fitness centers
- **Fee is exclusive of service gratuities
Is there a fee to have more than three packages delivered/held at the hotel?
We are happy to receive/hold up to 3 packages on behalf of our guests, 2 days prior to arrival and during their stay. There is a flat fee per package per day over the three complimentary packages and packages sent more than two days prior to arrival are subject to refusal or storage fees of an additional $7.50 per box per day:
- Small $5 (up to 15”x11”x3”)
- Medium $7.50 (up to “18×13”x3”)
- Large $10 (anything over)
Where can I learn about Fifty’s special offers and promotions?
Fifty Hotel & Suites, offers a wide variety of seasonal and hotel-based promotions and special offers, which are updated regularly – visit the Special Offers page to learn more or sign up to receive insider offers to find one that is just right for you.
Do you provide cribs? Is there a charge?
We offer Pack-n-Plays at no charge. Please speak to the front desk to make arrangements.
What is the Affinia Junior program?
At Affinia, we want everyone’s stay to be as comfortable and pleasant as possible – and that includes our youngest guests as well! Our Affinia Junior program guarantees a memorable NYC experience for the entire family. Visit the Affinia Junior program page for more information.
What is the Affinia FreshDirect Grocery Service?
We teamed up with FreshDirect to provide grocery services for our guests. This service is available at all Affinia Hotels – visit the FreshDirect Grocery Service information page to learn more.
Do you have coin laundry facilities available onsite?
Yes, we have a laundry facility, onsite. Our machines are operated by a credit card.
How long does it take to get to Central Station from your hotel?
Grand Central Station is just one subway stop via the 6 train, which is right around the corner from our hotel, or 8 blocks walking. The address is 42nd Street and Lexington.
Do the hotels offer valet services?
Valet Parking ranges from $55-$66 per 24-hour period for cars, $65-$75 for SUVs and minivans. In-and-out privileges are not included.
How close are you to MSKCC?
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center has a couple of locations. The MSKCC Rockefeller Pavilion on 53rd Street is just 3 short blocks away. The MSKCC on 64th Street is one subway stop away via the 6 subway – right around the corner from our hotel.
When was the last renovation?
A full hotel transformation was recently completed, where we invested more than $19M to upgrade the rooms, the public spaces, and to add a rotating art collection in the Club Room. From hand-blown mobile to works of abstract expressionism, Fifty is home to a curated collection of pieces by local artist. Enjoy spectacular art pieces in the lobby, Club Room and Den and touches weaved throughout all of Fifty’s rooms and suites.
What should I do and see during my stay?
Check out our Neighborhood Guide for more information about what to see and do during your stay. From restaurants to attractions, we’ve got you covered during your trip to NYC.
General Reservations: 1.866.233.4642
Fifty Hotel & Suites
Address: 155 East 50th Street, New York, NY 10022
Front Desk: 212.751.5710
Shelburne Hotel & Suites
Address: 303 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY 10016
Front Desk: 212.689.5200
Gardens Suites Hotel
Address: 215 East 64th Street, New York, NY 10065
Front Desk: 212.355.1230