New York City
- Fifty NYC
- Dumont NYC
- Gardens NYC
- Manhattan NYC
- Shelburne NYC
What Brings You Comfort & Joy?
We love the holidays at Affinia and that's why we want you to join in on the celebration by sharing what brings you Comfort and Joy with #AffiniaHoliday @affiniahotels on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter for a chance to win.
Whether it's hosting your first Thanksgiving dinner, traveling with friends to new places, enjoying a spirited snowball fight, spending time with us in NYC or decorating your home—the holiday season is a time to do the little things we enjoy the most.
We'll spread a little joy with festive gifts along the way, including Comfort with monogramed holiday PJs, Joy with an Amazon Echo, or a bit of both with a two-night stay in NYC at one of our Affinia hotels, plus a $100 gift certificate to dine at Iron Chef Geoffery Zakarian's The National Bar and Dining Rooms.
Entering is easy! Snap a photo, share on your social networks @affiniahotels and tag #AffiniaHoliday for the chance to win cool prizes all winter long.
We will be celebrating all season long so check in to see holiday posts of our own!
AFFINIA HOTEL COLLECTION “#AFFINIAHOLIDAY” PHOTO CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
Important: Please read these rules before entering this Contest promotion (the "Promotion"). By participating in this Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED.
1. Eligibility. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. PROMOTION OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST AGE 18 (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, WHICHEVER IS OLDER). IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND AFFINIA HOTELS ("SPONSOR") RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO YOU. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the manner and format designated below. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor and its participating sponsor(s) and any of their respective affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, employees and immediate families and members of the same household of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Instagram, Inc. is not a sponsor of this Contest and do not endorse or otherwise have any involvement with this Contest.
2. Promotion Period. The Promotion starts at 12:01 AM (all times Eastern Time) on November 16, 2016 and ends at 11:59 PM on January 1, 2017 (the "Promotion Period"). All entries must be received during the Promotion Period and meet all other requirements in these Official Rules to be eligible to win a prize. Entry into this Promotion does not constitute entry into any other promotions, contests or sweepstakes. Sponsor's computer is the official clock for this Promotion.
3. How to Enter. There are three (3) ways to enter: Upload a photo via Facebook, Instagram or Twitter: Post an image of what brings you comfort and joy this holiday season on an Instagram or Twitter account with the hashtag #AffiniaHoliday during the Promotion Period. Before participating, the “Photos Are Private” option in the account settings on your Instagram/Twitter account must be set to “OFF”. Upon completion and submission of a photograph per the instructions above during the Promotion Period, you will receive one (1) entry into the Promotion for each photo posted. Participants may enter as many times as they’d like. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor, and none will be acknowledged or returned. You may also enter on Facebook via the entry form on https://www.facebook.com/affiniahotels by uploading your photo and caption, filling out your email address and submitting.
4. Content Guidelines and Restrictions for entries on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter:
• You must have full rights to post your entry on Instagram.com;
• Your entry must not contain material that violates or infringes upon any person's or entity's rights including, without limitation, rights of publicity, rights of privacy (including, without limitation, the right not to be held in a false light), trademarks, copyrights, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights;
• Your entry must not disparage any person, product, service, or entity;
• Your entry must be tasteful, consistent with Sponsor's brand and image, must not be harmful to Sponsor's brand or image, and must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, or defamatory;
• Your entry must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
• Your entry must not contain material that violates any applicable law or regulation. By submitting your entry, you confirm that that your entry conforms to the Content Guidelines and Restrictions listed above and that failure to comply may result in disqualification.
For All Entry Methods: All requested information and material must be provided for your entry to be valid. Failure to submit all required information in the manner required in these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Entries received from any person (using multiple or different Instagram accounts or other applicable accounts) or email address in excess of the stated limit will be void. You must have signed permission from all individuals (including without limitation parents/legal guardian of children, if featured and if not your own) that appear in the entry to use their name, likeness, image, and persona in the entry. Proof of online entry will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor.
5. Disclaimer. Sponsor, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter Inc., all participating sponsors, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") are not be responsible for: (a) any inaccurate or incorrect entry information, human errors, late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions, interruptions, failures, omissions, deletions, defects, errors, or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to you, your computer, or any other person or person's computer in connection with your participation in this Promotion)
6. Selection and Notification of Winner. Prizewinners will be determined by a random drawing from all eligible entries to be held at Sponsor's headquarters on or about November 30, 2016, December 14, 2016 and January 2, 2017. Sponsor will notify potential winners by commenting on the photograph they submitted with instructions on how to claim their potential prize on or about November 30, 2016, December 14, 2016 and January 2, 2017. To claim a prize, potential winners should follow the instructions contained in their notification. Sponsor is not responsible for any failure or delivery of notice. Potential winners will be required to respond to Sponsor's notification within 48 hours and in accordance with the instructions contained in the winner notification or the prize will be forfeited and you will be disqualified. As a condition of being awarded any prize, winner may (in Sponsor's sole discretion) be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility, acceptance of these Official Rules, release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Failure to fully complete, execute and return all forms specified in the required time frame may result in the potential winner's disqualification. In the event of a potential winner’s disqualification, or any other disqualification permitted under these Official Rules, or in the event that any prize notification or the prize itself is returned as undeliverable, for any reason, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, choose to select an alternate prize winner or elect not to award the prize to anyone. All prizes will be awarded.
8. Prizes. There are a total of three (3) prizes that will be awarded to three (3) different winners. One (1) winner will receive a monogrammed pajama set, the second winner will receive an Amazon Echo and the third winner will receive a two (2) night stay at any Affinia Hotel of their choice, as well as a $100 gift car to The National Bar and Dining Rooms. Total approximate retail value of all Promotion prizes: $1,400.00. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value for any prize. Limit one prize per person or household. All prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). The (2) night accommodation for winner in a guest room at Affinia, is based on availability and blackout days apply.
9. Odds; Taxes, Etc. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. The approximate value of the prizes is based on available information provided to Sponsor, and the value of any prize awarded to winner may be reported to tax purposes as required by law. The prize winner may be required to provide Sponsor with a valid social security number or tax identification number for tax reporting purposes before the prize will be awarded.
10. General Conditions to Participation. You hereby represent and warrant that (a) the photography submitted by you for this Promotion is your original work and/or that you have obtained all necessary rights and permissions to use and submit the entry in connection with the Promotion and to provide all the rights specified in these Official Rules; and (b) the entry and the use thereof as contemplated herein does not and will not violate, misappropriate, or infringe upon any law or regulation or the rights of any third party, including without limitation any copyright, trademark, or any rights of publicity or privacy, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights. By participating in this Promotion you hereby grant Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable, assignable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, create derivative works from, and display your entry, in whole or part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed to promote this Promotion or the Sponsor's business in general.
11. General Release. By entering the Promotion, you release Sponsor, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Inc., and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, mis-delivery, acceptance, possession, or use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
12. Use of Winner's Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission to use winner's name, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter username, likeness, persona, hometown, and prize information in all media now known or later devised throughout the universe in perpetuity for all purposes Sponsor deems appropriate--including, without limitation, for public-facing advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes--without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, winner may (in Sponsor's sole discretion) be required to execute a written consent, confirming Sponsor's right to use such winner's name, Instagram username, likeness, persona, hometown, and prize information without further permission or compensation.
13. Winner List; Rules Request. For the Winner List, or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self addressed, stamped envelope along with the request with subject line "AffiniaHoliday 2016 Contest Winner List Request” to the Affinia Hotels mailing address listed below after Nov 16, 2016 and before January 1, 2017.
14. Disputes. Except where prohibited, you agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action: (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys' fees; (3) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; and (4) your remedies are limited to a claim for money damages (if any) and you irrevocably waives any right to seek injunctive or equitable relief. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the you and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
17. Sponsor: Denihan Hospitality Group, 551 5th Ave #10, New York, NY 10176.